Sunday, May 17, 2009

That's Not How Daddy Does It!

So, Abby came to me and asked me to help her wrap her baby in a special blanket. Of course, I said okay. So, I carefully wrap the baby up, using the method that I've used since I was a little girl and gently swaddled the baby with care and handed it over to my little 4 year old. She immediately says, "That's not how daddy does it!"
"Well, how does daddy do it?" I asked incredulously.
"He wraps her in a circle. You need to do it like daddy does it!"
I stood there for a moment, dumbfounded. I'm the mom. I should be able to wrap a baby doll and have my little girl be okay with the job I've done for her.
So, I immediately head into the room where Sean is at and ask him how he wraps the baby.
"Well, it's not that hard, Holly. You just put the baby on one side of the blanket and roll it, like in a circle" and he and Abby proceed to educate me on the finer points of wrapping a baby doll.
I've learned something new today.

2 comments:

Alana said...

I love it!! Kids are too cute!

Asherbie said...

So cute. She's probably saying the same type of things to him about you!