Monday, November 24, 2008

Visit to Palmyra, New York

This was walking up to the Mormon statue that is at the top of Hill Cumorah. What an incredible sight it was looking out over the valley! We had a lot of fun even though it was freezing cold that day! This was at the Smith Family Farm just outside of the Sacred Grove. We walked all through the grove and the kids were amazingly reverent. Before we walked into the grove, we told the kids that this was a quiet place and that we needed to be quiet. We also reminded them that this was where Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ visited Joseph Smith and suddenly, Abby started freaking out, saying that she didn't want to see Jesus that day. After trying hard not to laugh, we got her calmed down and told her that she probably wouldn't see him that day but she might feel him. That seemed to work for her. Oh, out of the mouth of babes! In the Sacred Grove Sean, Abby and Jaxon on our walk through the grove.

Holly, Abby and Jaxon in the Sacred Grove

4 comments:

Olsens said...

What a wonderful experience to be able to go to the Sacred Grove. Children are wonderful at keeping us on track don't you think? Love the pics and give the kids a squeeze for me.

Amanda said...

Oh, the advantages of living back east. Some day I would love to visit these sites. I'm glad your family got to go. I love what Abby said. Too cute.

Kim said...

HEY LADY! ISN'T THAT PLACE AWESOME! WHEN WE LIVED IN NEW YORK WE WENT TO PALMYRA LITERALLY 7 TIMES I THINK I WAS AS GOOD AS THE MISSIONARIES! I THINK ITS CRUEL THAT YOU ARE RUBBIN THE FALL IN MY FACE!!! THIS SOUNDS RIDICLOUS (I KNOW) BUT IM AM SO LONELY FOR THE FALL I HAVE HAD ABOUT AS MUCH OF THE FREAKIN SUN AS I CAN HANDLE! GIVE ME SOME COLD WEATHER PLEASE! NEEDLESS TO SAY IM COMPLETLY JEALOUS!!!!

Leah said...

Looks like you guys have been having a fun fall! Was that the first time you went to Palmyra? I love it there. I think I need your roll recipe, they looked delicious. I can't believe how long Abby's hair is- and I love it orange.