Monday, November 16, 2009

Locks of Love

This past weekend, we've had a "cleaning up" session going on here at our house. Out with the old, in with the new kind of stuff. About a month ago, I had mentioned to Abby that we should cut her hair and we could donate it to Locks of Love and help some kids who don't have hair due to health problems. At first, she wasn't interested. But I showed her the website and we've talked about it at different times and I could see that she was warming up to the idea. Well, today we took the plunge and she had 9 1/2 inches cut. I cried. I'll be honest. After she had it done, she said, "Now I can send it to a kid who really needs it, Mommy!" My heart was bursting! What a selfless act!
BEFORE

AFTER

3 comments:

Candi said...

She looks SO cute with the new haircut!

Alana said...

I love her new haircut! What a precious little girl you have!

Mills Family said...

That is wonderful that she was willing to give up her long hair for another child. She has heart of gold. I love her haircut.