Thursday, October 8, 2009

Missing You

Today, I had an epiphany of sorts. I had dropped Abby and Jaxon off at preschool and on Thursdays, they get to stay for an extra hour for Lunch Bunch. I ran a couple of errands and while I was driving in the parking lot, I saw a bright yellow truck with a bumblebee on it and I shouted out, "Look Jaxon! There's a bumblebee truck!" He wasn't in the car. It was just second nature to point something like that out to him. I realized in that moment that I missed having Abby and Jaxon with me all the time. They are now in the care of someone else for a few hours each day and I miss them. I miss the fighting, the hugs, the smiles and giggles, the begging to go to the toy aisle just for a moment. I have looked forward to the day when both of them would be in school and now that it is here, I miss them.

5 comments:

Asherbie said...

I can hardly imagine having Megan gone! Hey thanks for the little fb note it was great to hear from you! I hope you're dong well! Your little family is so cute.

Cassie said...

OK...I'm not the only one. I did the same thing this summer "Look a Fire Engine" in an excited voice...then I realized I was with a car full of girlfriends (from high school) who don't even have kids!

Unknown said...

Doesn't it always seem like we want what we can't have? It's so scary to leave them in someone else's care! I often wonder throughout the day what Chase is doing. Wishing I could be there watching him learn and cheering him on! I feel your pain! Abby and Jaxon are good kids. Definitely worth missing :)

Holly K (sorry I'm signed in as Craig right now!)

Kaylynn said...

I always thought how much easier it would be when they were in school, but it adds a whole new dimension to motherhood. I think that's why I love summers (most of the time)!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

It is hard to see them grow up!